- expected to resign from the Senate today. Al Franken is
- More mandatory evacuations have been ordered as the Southern California wildfires continue to spread.
- "Clashes between Palestinian protesters and Israeli soldiers broke out Thursday in Ramallah and other places in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, one day after President Trump announced that his administration would recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital."
- Australia has legalized same-sex marriage.
- Singapore Airlines has re-routed all of its Seoul-Los Angeles flights due to North Korea's recent missile test.
- Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, says it is an "open question" whether or not U.S. athletes will participate in the 2018 Winter Olympics.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.