- were children. Half of the people killed in a Saudi airstrike on Yemen today
- Canadians can soon apply for passports with an "X" gender designation.
- Australia's Sex Party has been rebranded the Reason Party.
- Violence has erupted in Myanmar, a majority Buddhist country, as Muslim militants staged a coordinated Friday attack on 30 police posts and an army base. The Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army is claiming responsibility.
- California is seeking approval for a new lethal injection method for death penalty cases.
Photo Credit: Mohammed Mohammed Xinhua News Agency/Newscom