- traveling to Europe today to meet with the president of Poland and attend an infrastructure summit in Germany where he is supposed to sit down with Vladimir Putin. Donald Trump is
- Kim Jong Un said North Korea will "demonstrate its mettle to the U.S." and that its nuclear-weapons program is non-negotiable.
- CNN has discovered the real identity of "HanAssholeSolo," the person who made an anti-CNN meme that was tweeted by Trump. The network said it will not report his name so long as he remains contrite and refrains from publishing more things they don't like, which has caused a predictable uproar (and #CNNBlackmail to be trending on Twitter).
I think the criticism of reporting the story is bogus. But CNN's "we'll report his name later if we decide he's acting wrong" is off-putting— ClenchdFistofPopehat (@Popehat) July 5, 2017
- An FBI agent had his SUV stolen from a Chicago gas station after leaving the government-issued vehicle "running and unattended long enough for a thief to get in and flee." (It was later found a few blocks away, complete with a parking ticket.)
- Louisiana Republican Rep. Clay Higgins has earned international ire for filming a U.S. propaganda video inside Auschwitz. (Sample line: "This is why Homeland Security must be squared away, why our military must be invincible.")
- Oregon's genderless driver's license policy goes into effect this week.
Photo Credit: Screenshot/CNN