- President Barack Obama gave her a hug. Since a doctor in New York City came down with the virus, health officials remind us again: WHATEVER DO, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T PANIC! Because of this new case, some lawmakers want to require a 21-day quarantine for any doctors returning to the U.S. from Ebola-stricken nations. Meanwhile, this savvy dude just sold "Ebola.com" for $200,000. Dallas nurse Nina Pham was declared Ebola-free today, and promptly flew to the White House where
- Is the Islamic State using chemical weapons in Iraq? We're going to find out, says Secretary of State John Kerry.
- Missouri police are gearing up – literally, riot-style – in anticipation of protests in case a grand jury doesn't charge Officer Darren Wilson for the shooting death of Michael Brown.
- The Georgia Senate race is a statistical tie, according to one poll. Another indicates a slight lead for Democrat Michelle Nunn. Could it help the Donkey Party keep the Senate?
- Conan O'Brien joked on Twitter: "I picked out my Halloween costume. I'm going as 'Slutty Madeleine Albright.'" The former Secretary of State responded: "I'm considering going as hunky Conan O'Brien - but that might be too far fetched."
- Speaking of Twitter, Queen Elizabeth II signed up today and wrote, "It is a pleasure to open the Information Age exhibition today at the @ScienceMuseum and I hope people will enjoy visiting." Because nothing says "Information Age" like "@BritishMonarchy."
- Breaking Bad action figures join the esteemed list of Things That Upset Some Moms Who Represent All Moms, so they've been removed from Toys "R" Us.
- Hey, it's the weekend, so here's some good news: TLC is cancelling Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.
Photo Credit: cc