- The Transportation Security Administration is firing 25 employees and suspending another 19 for not properly screening bags at Newark’s airport. It’s the largest disciplinary action taken by the TSA since it was founded.
- A top security official and seven others were killed in a car bomb explosion in Beirut today. The violence makes Lebanon’s threat to sue television terrorism drama Homeland for making their country appear unsafe a bit awkward.
- An armed 12-year-old girl in Oklahoma dealt with a home intruder by shooting him through a closet door. The girl was not harmed.
- Chris Matthews thinks the Constitution protects the president from people being rude to him. To the president, I mean. Be as rude to Matthews as you like. Also: Be as rude to the president as you like.
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says she will not run for president in 2016. She should have that printed out on a card to hand out for the next four years because you know she’s going to keep being asked.
- The CIA wants even more drones. Turns out the Middle East and North Africa are just full of military-age males and it’s hard to terrify all of them.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.