John Dowd resigned today as President Donald Trump's lead lawyer in the investigation of Russia's attempt to meddle with the 2016 election.
- The House Intelligence Committee officially voted to end its own investigation into the 2016 election and say there's no evidence of any collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia. They also recommended a crackdown on intelligence leaks, including "mandatory polygraphs."
- The House approved the $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill, 256–167. But will Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) attempt a filibuster?
- Trump moved forward today with his attempt today to impose $60 billion in tariffs on goods from China. The stock market has not responded well.
- MGM has released hotel security footage of Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock, showing the methodical preparation in the days leading up to the massacre.
- Israel has formally acknowledged it was behind a strike on a suspected nuclear reactor in Syria in 2007.
- The Sacramento Police Department has released body camera footage of a weekend confrontation where police ended up shooting a 23-year-old man in his grandparent's backyard after apparently mistaking his cellphone for a gun.
Reason's Annual Webathon is underway! Donate today to see your name here.
Reason is supported by: