A pedestrian in Tempe, Ariz., has died after being struck by a self-driving car operated by Uber. This is believed to be the first death of a pedestrian due to autonomous cars. Uber has suspended testing of the cars in the city, as well as in San Francisco, Pittsburgh, and Toronto.
- Facebook shares tumbled today on reports that a consultancy firm got inappropriate access to more than 50 million users.
- Judges have rejected a Republican challenge to Pennsylvania's new congressional district map. The Supreme Court also declined to intervene.
- Actor Cynthia Nixon today announced that she's going to challenge Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo in the primary. Current polls don't bode well for her chances.
- Kroger announced it will stop carrying magazines that feature assault rifles in its stores, meaning they're essentially banning pictures of guns. One wonders what will happen to magazine sales altogether if the grocery chain discovers that many guns themselves have "magazines."
- A tenants' group says Jared Kushner's company filed false paperwork with New York City to claim that none of the apartments in buildings it owned were rent-controlled. Many were.