President Donald Trump is expected to impose tariffs on steel and aluminum today.
- President Trump: "Looking forward to 3:30 P.M. meeting today at the White House. We have to protect & build our Steel and Aluminum Industries while at the same time showing great flexibility and cooperation toward those that are real friends and treat us fairly on both trade and the military."
- "An attorney for adult-film star Stephanie Clifford, who performs under the pseudonym 'Stormy Daniels' says the White House's claim that President Trump won an arbitration case against his client is 'ludicrous' and insists that Mr. Trump didn't 'win' anything at all."
- Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, and Vietnam are expected to sign a new Trans Pacific Partnership trade agreement today.
- A U.S. drone strike has reportedly killed the son of the head of the Pakistani Taliban.
- The gun control bill recently passed by the Florida Senate has now been passed by the state House. Gov. Rick Scott has not yet indicated whether or not he will sign the measure into law.
"I chose to be that guy who didn't issue the apology," says Daniel Elder. "Things went from there and it wasn't good."
Biden's Latest Round of Student Loan Debt Forgiveness Is an Indictment of Federal Higher Education Subsidies
Thirty-five years after Bill Bennett sounded the alarm about student loan defaults, we still haven't learned a damn thing.
But the appeals court wasn't having it.
And as many as 75 percent of middle income households face a tax increase under Biden's plan, even though the highest-earning households will pay the vast majority of the costs.