Students from the Parkland high school where a mass shooter killed 17 people last week, protested at the Florida state capitol, demanding a ban on weapons like the one that killed their classmate. Student activists from around the country joined in with "walkouts" of their own.
- Police in California said they may have thwarted a school shooting after a resource officer reported a "disgruntled student" who threatened a school shooting; a "collection of weapons" was allegedly found in his home.
- Port Authority police arrested 19-year-old delivery man Bruce Lee after he tried to bike through the Lincoln Tunnel.
- Jennifer Lawrence responded to critics of a dress she wore in London, telling them to "get a grip."
- Recep Erdogan says Turkey will work on developing unmanned tanks.
- Snapchat responds to a Change.org petition about its latest redesign.
- A self-taught astronomer became the first person to witness the surge of light at the birth of a supernova when he captured images of 2016gkg.
A class-action lawsuit is now challenging the DEA's habit of seizing large amounts of cash from travelers without evidence of any crime.
Isabel Fall is canceled. It's the science fiction world's loss.
The FBI Wants To Treat Carter Page Warrant Mistakes Like Training Problems. A Court Adviser Says That's Not Enough.
After seriously messing up its warrant applications with the FISA Court, can the FBI be trusted?
Biden tells the New York Times he would revoke Section 230 protections and hold Facebook (and other sites) liable for their content.