Students from the Parkland high school where a mass shooter killed 17 people last week, protested at the Florida state capitol, demanding a ban on weapons like the one that killed their classmate. Student activists from around the country joined in with "walkouts" of their own.
- Police in California said they may have thwarted a school shooting after a resource officer reported a "disgruntled student" who threatened a school shooting; a "collection of weapons" was allegedly found in his home.
- Port Authority police arrested 19-year-old delivery man Bruce Lee after he tried to bike through the Lincoln Tunnel.
- Jennifer Lawrence responded to critics of a dress she wore in London, telling them to "get a grip."
- Recep Erdogan says Turkey will work on developing unmanned tanks.
- Snapchat responds to a Change.org petition about its latest redesign.
- A self-taught astronomer became the first person to witness the surge of light at the birth of a supernova when he captured images of 2016gkg.
Untested delta-8-THC products are gaining in popularity
Cases are rising mainly in states with stricter disease control policies.
Manhattan Will Drop Charges for Prostitution and Unlicensed Massage but Continue Prosecuting Prostitution Patrons
The Nordic Model comes to Manhattan.
The Massachusetts Congresswoman is a two-time supporter of the Rent and Mortgage Cancelation Act.
The guilty verdicts on all three counts reflect the logical force of the prosecution's case as well as the emotional impact of watching the assault on George Floyd.