President Donald Trump's $4.4 trillion budget, unveiled today, would lead to more than $7 trillion in deficits over the next year due to large increases in military spending. Party of smaller government!
- The official portraits of former President Barack Obama and wife Michelle Obama were unveiled today. That's an awful lot of shrubbery there.
- The former commander of the Milwaukee County Jail and two staffers have been charged with felony misconduct over the dehydration death of an inmate last year.
- A suspicious substance was mailed to the home of Donald Trump Jr. Three people there (including Trump Jr.'s wife, Vanessa) were taken to the hospital as a precaution, but the substance was deemed to be non-hazardous.
- The Department of Education says they will not deal with complaints by transgender students about controls over which facilities they're permitted to use by school district. The Department of Justice last year said they were reversing course on guidance here and kicking the matter back down to states to decide.
- No, there is not a murder wave targeting gay Americans. It's fundraising via fearmongering, Walter Olson explains.
"I chose to be that guy who didn't issue the apology," says Daniel Elder. "Things went from there and it wasn't good."
And as many as 75 percent of middle income households face a tax increase under Biden's plan, even though the highest-earning households will pay the vast majority of the costs.
Retired Engineer Offers Free Expert Testimony for Flood Victims. Licensing Officials Threaten Him With Criminal Charges.
Wayne Nutt worked as an engineer for decades. But because he's not licensed, North Carolina's engineering board says that he can't share his expertise in public.
Biden's Latest Round of Student Loan Debt Forgiveness Is an Indictment of Federal Higher Education Subsidies
Thirty-five years after Bill Bennett sounded the alarm about student loan defaults, we still haven't learned a damn thing.