President Donald Trump's $4.4 trillion budget, unveiled today, would lead to more than $7 trillion in deficits over the next year due to large increases in military spending. Party of smaller government!
- The official portraits of former President Barack Obama and wife Michelle Obama were unveiled today. That's an awful lot of shrubbery there.
- The former commander of the Milwaukee County Jail and two staffers have been charged with felony misconduct over the dehydration death of an inmate last year.
- A suspicious substance was mailed to the home of Donald Trump Jr. Three people there (including Trump Jr.'s wife, Vanessa) were taken to the hospital as a precaution, but the substance was deemed to be non-hazardous.
- The Department of Education says they will not deal with complaints by transgender students about controls over which facilities they're permitted to use by school district. The Department of Justice last year said they were reversing course on guidance here and kicking the matter back down to states to decide.
- No, there is not a murder wave targeting gay Americans. It's fundraising via fearmongering, Walter Olson explains.
Sex offender registries are cruel and unjust.
Critics say the long-running satiric cartoon has created "a generation of boys" who are smug and disengaged.
Plus: Virginia's assault weapon ban gets shot down, Trump's tariffs face new legal scrutiny, and why you don't want Amy Klobuchar on your bar trivia team
American Heart Association Journal Finally Retracts Study Implying That E-Cigarettes Cause Heart Attacks Before People Use Them
The journal's editors recognized the problem before publication, but the authors failed to address it.