President Donald Trump's $4.4 trillion budget, unveiled today, would lead to more than $7 trillion in deficits over the next year due to large increases in military spending. Party of smaller government!
- The official portraits of former President Barack Obama and wife Michelle Obama were unveiled today. That's an awful lot of shrubbery there.
- The former commander of the Milwaukee County Jail and two staffers have been charged with felony misconduct over the dehydration death of an inmate last year.
- A suspicious substance was mailed to the home of Donald Trump Jr. Three people there (including Trump Jr.'s wife, Vanessa) were taken to the hospital as a precaution, but the substance was deemed to be non-hazardous.
- The Department of Education says they will not deal with complaints by transgender students about controls over which facilities they're permitted to use by school district. The Department of Justice last year said they were reversing course on guidance here and kicking the matter back down to states to decide.
- No, there is not a murder wave targeting gay Americans. It's fundraising via fearmongering, Walter Olson explains.
Plus: Attacks on Saudi Arabia unlikely to raise U.S. oil prices
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.
"Controlled choice" is supposed to fix inequality in New York public schools. It might make everything worse.
Pending restrictions on vaping products in Michigan and New York are based on an alarmingly broad understanding of the executive branch's "public health" authority.