Will Congress be able to push through a spending bill before the midnight deadline tonight? It certainly has enough pork to pass.
- A leader within the Black Lives Matter movement was shot and killed in New Orleans. Police say further information is not yet available.
- A white supremacist and Holocaust denier is running for Congress as a Republican in the Chicago area. He has utterly no chance of winning, but his candidacy is nevertheless causing some heartburn.
- The White House announced today that President Donald Trump is nominating California tax lawyer Charles Rettig to be commissioner of the IRS.
- A coalition strike led by the U.S. military killed an estimated 100 pro-government fighters in Syria. According to officials, coalition forces were defending themselves from an unprovoked attack.
- The International Criminal Court said it's going to investigate claims that Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has committed crimes against humanity while perpetuating his extremely violent war on drugs.
- Today's absurd emotional support animal vs. airlines story involves a hamster getting flushed down a toilet. Well, at least her emotional support animal is cheap to replace.
- Also still being flushed: The stock market.
Brett Kavanaugh Faces a New Accusation in The New York Times, but the Alleged Victim Didn't Confirm It
Plus: Andrew Yang opts out of cancel culture, Andrew Cuomo wants to crack down on flavored e-cigarettes, and more...
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
Comedy, meet cancel culture
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.