Will Congress be able to push through a spending bill before the midnight deadline tonight? It certainly has enough pork to pass.
- A leader within the Black Lives Matter movement was shot and killed in New Orleans. Police say further information is not yet available.
- A white supremacist and Holocaust denier is running for Congress as a Republican in the Chicago area. He has utterly no chance of winning, but his candidacy is nevertheless causing some heartburn.
- The White House announced today that President Donald Trump is nominating California tax lawyer Charles Rettig to be commissioner of the IRS.
- A coalition strike led by the U.S. military killed an estimated 100 pro-government fighters in Syria. According to officials, coalition forces were defending themselves from an unprovoked attack.
- The International Criminal Court said it's going to investigate claims that Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has committed crimes against humanity while perpetuating his extremely violent war on drugs.
- Today's absurd emotional support animal vs. airlines story involves a hamster getting flushed down a toilet. Well, at least her emotional support animal is cheap to replace.
- Also still being flushed: The stock market.
A class-action lawsuit is now challenging the DEA's habit of seizing large amounts of cash from travelers without evidence of any crime.
Isabel Fall is canceled. It's the science fiction world's loss.
The FBI Wants To Treat Carter Page Warrant Mistakes Like Training Problems. A Court Adviser Says That's Not Enough.
After seriously messing up its warrant applications with the FISA Court, can the FBI be trusted?
Biden tells the New York Times he would revoke Section 230 protections and hold Facebook (and other sites) liable for their content.