A driver plowed his car into a crowd of holiday shoppers in Melbourne, Australia, injuring at least 19. Authorities there are calling it a "deliberate act."
- "Sen. Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said Wednesday that the firing of Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller would be a 'gross abuse of power' and called for Congress to respond with 'significant consequences' if President Donald Trump took that step."
- Tomorrow is the deadline for a government shutdown.
- A North Korean soldier has defected to South Korea, prompting gunfire at the DMZ.
- The rapper Nelly is being sued for sexual assault and defamation.
- U.S. life expectancy has declined for a second straight year.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content