House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi called for a House Ethics investigation into Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.), whose previously sealed settlements with ex-staffers who accused him of sexual misconduct have recently become public.
- The Robert Mueller Trump-Russia investigation is reportedly looking into Jared Kushner this week.
- Uber paid hackers $100,000 to keep a data breach that exposed 57 million accounts secret.
- Robert Mugabe resigns as president of Zimbabwe.
- Syria's president, Bashar Assad, made a surprise visit to Russia to meet with Vladimir Putin about bringing the Syrian civil war to an end.
- Saad Hariri returns to Lebanon for the first time since announcing he would resign as prime minister while he was in Saudi Arabia, leading to speculation that he had been held hostage then.
- David Cassidy of The Partridge Family died, aged 67.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.