Rand Paul and Ron Wyden are expected to introduce a Senate bill today that would require search warrants for U.S. data collected under Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.
- "President Trump said on Monday that he would oppose any effort to reduce the amount of pretax income that American workers can save in 401(k) retirement accounts, effectively killing an idea that Republicans were mulling as a way to help pay for a $1.5 trillion tax cut."
- The Chinese Communist Party has enshrined the name and ideas of Chinese leader Xi Jinping in the party's constitution.
- New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has opened a civil rights investigation into the Weinstein Company over the sexual assault and harassment allegations against co-founder Harvey Weinstein.
- Nicaragua is joining the Paris climate agreement.
- The 2017 World Series starts tonight with the Houston Astros facing the Los Angeles Dodgers in Los Angeles.
Thank you for supporting us during our webathon!
Reason is supported by:
Florida's Department of Economic Opportunity is suing the city of Gainesville to block its legalization of small "missing middle" apartment buildings in single-family neighborhoods.
The cop who killed Shaver was fired. But he will receive a disability pension for the rest of his life because he claims he has post-traumatic stress disorder.
It’s a bold and probably unconstitutional goal that’s bound to alienate millions of Americans.