President Donald Trump says he will declare a national emergency in response to the opioid crisis.
- "Rep. Tom Marino has informed me that he is withdrawing his name from consideration as drug czar," President Trump tweeted today.
- The U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces have reportedly retaken the city of Raqqa from ISIS.
- North Korea's deputy ambassador to the United Nations says that nuclear war "may break out any moment."
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott has declared a state of emergency in anticipation of a speech at the University of Florida by white nationalist Richard Spencer.
- "The myth of the progressive prosecutor."
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
Advocating for gun control is no longer enough. On Thursday night, the Democratic presidential candidates promised gun confiscation.
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.