After a several hour standoff outside a Liberty, Missouri, Hardee's restaurant, local cops in SWAT gear entered to find the place completely empty. Police had been summoned by Hardee's workers who said a man with a gun had barricaded himself in the bathroom.
- President Trump got upset after learning that the U.S. had steadily decreased its stockpile of nuclear weapons since the 1960s and proposed a nearly tenfold increase, military officials told NBC News. "It was soon after the meeting broke up that officials who remained behind heard Tillerson say that Trump is a 'moron.'"
- We're dropping more bombs in Afghanistan than we have since 2010.
- Apparently no one can figure out whether Catalonia has or has not declared independence.
- "For all their effort, what crime did the police root out? None. They were just toying with people and ruining lives for sport."
- Here's how the FBI coerces people into becoming confidential informants.
Plus: Attacks on Saudi Arabia unlikely to raise U.S. oil prices
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
"Controlled choice" is supposed to fix inequality in New York public schools. It might make everything worse.
Pending restrictions on vaping products in Michigan and New York are based on an alarmingly broad understanding of the executive branch's "public health" authority.