President Trump and Republican leaders in Congress unveiled the most detailed look at their tax cut plan yet.
- The Taliban claimed responsibility for a failed mortar attack on the airport in Kabul while Secretary of Defense James Mattis was making an unannounced visit to Afghanistan.
- Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), who announced he would not be seeking re-election in 2018, said Peyton Manning could run to succeed him.
- The head of the state police in Michigan apologized for calling NFL players taking a knee during the national anthem "a bunch of rich, entitled, arrogant, ungrateful, anti-American degenerates" on her Facebook page.
- The government in Iraq has suspended international flights into Kurdistan and is urging foreign countries to close their embassies in the province after its residents overwhelmingly voted in favor of independence.
- Some women in Saudi Arabia have gotten behind the wheel after the kingdom lifted a ban on women driving, even though it will not issue licenses for another nine months.
- Rick Pitino is out at Louisville amid an investigation into college basketball corruption.
- "Believing conspiracy theories makes people feel special."