Members of Donald Trump's legal team reportedly advised the president that Jared Kushner should step down from his role in the White House over concerns raised by the Russia investigation.
- More than 54 percent of Florida households have no electricity in the wake of Hurricane Irma.
- Schools have reopened in Houston, Texas. They have been closed for the past two weeks due to Hurricane Harvey.
- North Korea is condemning a new U.N. Security Council resolution imposing sanctions on the country for its recent nuclear tests.
- "Russian operatives hiding behind false identities used Facebook's event management tool to remotely organize and promote political protests in the U.S., including an August 2016 anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim rally in Idaho."
- The death toll from last week's 8.1-magnitude earthquake in Mexico has climbed to 96.