Members of Donald Trump's legal team reportedly advised the president that Jared Kushner should step down from his role in the White House over concerns raised by the Russia investigation.
- More than 54 percent of Florida households have no electricity in the wake of Hurricane Irma.
- Schools have reopened in Houston, Texas. They have been closed for the past two weeks due to Hurricane Harvey.
- North Korea is condemning a new U.N. Security Council resolution imposing sanctions on the country for its recent nuclear tests.
- "Russian operatives hiding behind false identities used Facebook's event management tool to remotely organize and promote political protests in the U.S., including an August 2016 anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim rally in Idaho."
- The death toll from last week's 8.1-magnitude earthquake in Mexico has climbed to 96.
"She's a favorite of the Russians and they have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far."
The company says it will sell only tobacco, mint, and menthol pods unless and until the FDA officially approves other varieties.
Chicago Teachers Go on Strike to Demand Higher Pay, Smaller Class Sizes, New Schools, More Staff, and Affordable Housing
More than 300,000 students in Chicago were out of school on Friday as the teachers strike continued.