Attorney General Jeff Sessions is scheduled to give a press conference today addressing President Donald Trump's decision to end Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, also known as DACA, the Obama executive action offering certain protections for undocumented immigrants that arrived in the U.S. as children.
- Hurricane Irma is headed for the U.S. and may hit southern Florida this weekend.
- Vladimir Putin on Donald Trump: "He's not my bride."
- U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley on North Korea: "The time has come for us to exhaust all of our diplomatic means before it's too late."
- "South Korea's Asia Business Daily, citing an unidentified source, reported that North Korea had been observed moving a rocket that appeared to be an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) towards its west coast."
- Tronc Inc., which publishes the Los Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune, has acquired the New York Daily News.
A Medical Student Questioned Microaggressions. UVA Branded Him a Threat and Banished Him from Campus.
Kieran Bhattacharya's First Amendment lawsuit can proceed, a court said.
The White House is proposing an 8.4 percent boost in discretionary spending, which comes on top of Biden's $1.9 trillion pandemic relief bill, and his proposed $2.3 trillion American Jobs Plan.
The data do not support the conventional wisdom that pain pill prescriptions are driving drug-related fatalities.
Plus: GOP gender policing in North Carolina, marijuana legalization mistakes, and more...
A shocking 12 percent enrollment drop in New York City points to possible long-term structural impacts of the pandemic.