Attorney General Jeff Sessions is scheduled to give a press conference today addressing President Donald Trump's decision to end Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, also known as DACA, the Obama executive action offering certain protections for undocumented immigrants that arrived in the U.S. as children.
- Hurricane Irma is headed for the U.S. and may hit southern Florida this weekend.
- Vladimir Putin on Donald Trump: "He's not my bride."
- U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley on North Korea: "The time has come for us to exhaust all of our diplomatic means before it's too late."
- "South Korea's Asia Business Daily, citing an unidentified source, reported that North Korea had been observed moving a rocket that appeared to be an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) towards its west coast."
- Tronc Inc., which publishes the Los Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune, has acquired the New York Daily News.
"She's a favorite of the Russians and they have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far."
The company says it will sell only tobacco, mint, and menthol pods unless and until the FDA officially approves other varieties.
San Francisco Falafel Shop Owner Says Neighborhood Has Enough Falafel, Asks City to Block Rival Falafel Shop Next Door
San Francisco gives its Planning Commission nearly unlimited discretion to deny or condition permits, making life hell for business owners.
Chicago Teachers Go on Strike to Demand Higher Pay, Smaller Class Sizes, New Schools, More Staff, and Affordable Housing
More than 300,000 students in Chicago were out of school on Friday as the teachers strike continued.