President Trump delivered remarks on tax code reform aimed at "Main Street."
- The U.S. conducted a missile defense test off the coast of Hawaii.
- Philadelphia became the latest city to sue the Department of Justice over its sanctuary city policies.
- The FBI denied a freedom of information request for files related to the Hillary Clinton investigation, arguing there was a lack of public interest.
- The death toll from a series of mudslides and floods in Sierra Leone has doubled, to more than 1,000.
- The NFL has canceled Thursday's pre-season game between the Cowboys and Texans, which was scheduled to be played in hurricane-stricken Houston.
- A program to find intelligent life in Berkeley has reportedly recorded 15 high-energy radio bursts from a distant galaxy.