God help all Angelenos: The Summer Olympics will be returning to Los Angeles in 2028.
- Anthony Scaramucci is already out as President Donald Trump's communications director. I hadn't even memorized how to spell his name yet.
- The son of Nashville's mayor died of a drug overdose over the weekend.
- Former Maricopa County, Arizona, Sheriff Joe Arpaio has been found guilty of criminal contempt of court for ignoring a federal judge's order to stop his immigration round-ups.
- Qatar has filed a legal complaint with the World Trade Organization about the boycott other nations have launched against it.
- Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright and actor Sam Shepard has died at age 73.
- Hackers were quickly able to breach an electronic voting machine and reprogram it to Rick-Roll folks at the Def Con cybersecurity conference in Las Vegas.
- Hackers also got their hands on written material from several HBO shows, including apparently the next episode of Game of Thrones.
Biden's Nominee to Head the ATF, Who Wants Congress to Ban 'Assault Weapons,' Says He Can't Define Them
David Chipman's obfuscation, like the president's vagueness, is aimed at concealing the illogic of targeting firearms based on their "military-style" appearance.
Warren Lent is suing the California Coastal Commission, arguing that its power to unilaterally hand down massive fines with minimal process is unconstitutional.
"By phasing out these courses, all students will have access to an inclusive model of education."
Plus: Georgia's voting roll purge draws media hype, Florida's drug law hypocrisy, and more...
Dr. Lee Gross' direct primary care practice takes the complexity and unaffordability out of health care.