The bid to pass a "skinny repeal" of the Affordable Care Act failed late last night, with Republican Sens. Susan Collins, John McCain, and Lisa Murkowski joining Democrats in voting no.
- "I'm not Steve Bannon, I'm not trying to suck my own cock. I'm not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I'm here to serve the country," Anthony Scaramucci, White House communications director, told reporter Ryan Lizza.
- The U.S. is pulling its diplomats from the Venezuelan capital amid increasing protests and violence.
- Commercial real estate prices in America are far over their 2007 housing-bubble peak.
- Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders were the only two U.S. senators to vote against a bill imposing increasing sanctions on Russia, North Korea, and Iran.
- Did God really smite all of the ancient Canaanites? Science says maybe not.
Republicans and right-leaning independents have turned rapidly against higher ed.
Nonmedical use of prescription analgesics did not become more common, but it did become more dangerous.
Forensic experts claim there is no way Larry Swearingen raped and killed Melissa Trotter. The state is still putting him to death.
The Founders Were Flawed. The Nation Is Imperfect. The Constitution Is Still a 'Glorious Liberty Document.'
As part of its ambitious “1619” inquiry into the legacy of slavery, The New York Times revives false 19th century revisionist history about the American founding.
You can literally wear your principles on your sleeve while baffling facial recognition technology.