The bid to pass a "skinny repeal" of the Affordable Care Act failed late last night, with Republican Sens. Susan Collins, John McCain, and Lisa Murkowski joining Democrats in voting no.
- "I'm not Steve Bannon, I'm not trying to suck my own cock. I'm not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I'm here to serve the country," Anthony Scaramucci, White House communications director, told reporter Ryan Lizza.
- The U.S. is pulling its diplomats from the Venezuelan capital amid increasing protests and violence.
- Commercial real estate prices in America are far over their 2007 housing-bubble peak.
- Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders were the only two U.S. senators to vote against a bill imposing increasing sanctions on Russia, North Korea, and Iran.
- Did God really smite all of the ancient Canaanites? Science says maybe not.
Reason's Annual Webathon is underway! Donate today to see your name here.
Reason is supported by:
Charges against Kraft were (rightfully) dismissed. The women he patronized now have criminal records.
The former Trump attorney's election fraud lawsuits feature the same sort of dubious evidence that has failed to impress courts across the country.
Pelosi and Schumer Agree to Bipartisan $900 Billion Coronavirus Relief Bill as McConnell Pushes for $500 Billion
The top Democrats originally supported a $2.2 trillion measure.
Which leaves the U.S. without a major party even slightly inclined to leave people alone to manage their own affairs.