- The Mercatus Center's Jerry Ellig has reportedly agreed to serve as the Federal Communication Commission's chief economist.
- A new bill in the House targeting gerrymandering could help third parties succeed in Congressional races.
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions called the killing of a police officer in the Bronx a "cowardly, unprovoked attack."
- Ratings for Morning Joe on MSNBC are up 70 percent after President Trump's feud with its anchors.
- Police in the Vatican raided an alleged drug-fueled gay orgy, arresting one aide to Pope Francis.
- NASA celebrated 20 years of continuous exploration of Mars yesterday.