The Trump administration has petitioned the U.S. Supreme Court to reverse lower-court rulings that blocked President Trump's executive order banning travel to the U.S. from six majority-Muslim countries.
- Department of It's-Not-All-Bad-News: Trump's proposed budget would make significant cuts to the Office of National Drug Control Policy—a nearly 94 percent cut in 2018, according to CNN sources. Serious cuts would also hit the Office for Civil Rights, which handles Title IX policy and cases.
- The California Senate voted in favor of a measure to approve a "nonbinary" option, in addition to male and female, on state identification cards and documents.
- Twitter "intensifies and amplifies pathological social tendencies among those who act within, report on, and write about the political world," writes Damon Linker at The Week.
- From Young Voices managing editor and former Reason intern Liz Wolfe, a fun look at drama within the "influencer marketing" and #VanLife worlds.
- Twelve-year-old Ananya Vinay of California is the winner of the 90th annual national spelling bee, securing the championship by correctly spelling "marocain"—a dress fabric made from silk or rayon.
The department will update its training to remind officers that citizens should not be arrested for exercising their First Amendment rights.
Three more death row inmates have been scheduled to die.
If Joe Biden Is Serious About Criminal Justice Reform, He Won't Pick Merrick Garland for Attorney General
Garland’s judicial record is replete with deferential votes for police and prosecutors.
Giant Metal Monolith Discovered In Utah Desert Possibly Extraterrestrial, Definitely a Code Violation
Little gray men encounter reams of red tape.
Sidney Powell Now Claims Election Conspiracy Involved Republican Gov. Brian Kemp, Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders
Without a shred of evidence, Sidney Powell is alleging a conspiracy more vast than Russiagate. Shouldn't that raise red flags?