- President Trump plans to withdraw America from the Paris climate accord, according to Axios. Why does it matter? "Pulling out of Paris is the biggest thing Trump could do to unravel Obama's climate legacy," notes Jonathan Swan. It also "sends a combative signal to the rest of the world that America doesn't prioritize climate change and threatens to unravel the ambition of the entire deal."
- "White supremacists love Vikings, but they've got history all wrong," says history professor David Perry.
- The word of the day is "covfefe."
Who can figure out the true meaning of "covfefe" ??? Enjoy!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 31, 2017
- Your weekly reminder that "human trafficking operation" is just police code for "prostitution sting."
- "A 'Privacy Constitution' of sorts for domestic spying would be a homerun for the GOP and President Trump," suggests Bob Barr.
- What happens when abortion is illegal in all circumstances?