Trump Surrogates Try to Explain Comey Firing, 2026 World Cup Bid Organizers Seek Trump Meeting, Betsy DeVos Booed at Commencement at HBCU: P.M. Links
Trump surrogates are trying to defend the president's termination of FBI Director James Comey. Asked about the firing, Russia President Vladimir Putin said it would have "no effect" on U.S.-Russian relations.
- The Senate unexpectedly rejected an attempt to repeal a regulation on methane emissions at drilling operations on public lands.
- The U.S. government posted a $182 billion surplus, according to data from the Treasury Department.
- Organizers for the U.S.-led bid for North America to host the 2026 World Cup are seeking a meeting with President Trump.
- Education Secretary Betsy DeVos was booed while giving the commencement address at Bethune-Cookman University.
- A fistfight broke out among passengers on a Southwest flight that had landed in Burbank.