After passing the U.S. House yesterday, the American Health Care Act "is still far from law," FiveThirtyEight reminds us.
- A FOIA request from Graham Dyer's parents turned up videos of police tasering their son in the testicles multiple times and standing on his head, among other things, not long before he would be taken to the hospital and declared brain dead.
- Jeffrey Hurant, former head of gay escort site Rentboy, will be sentenced in New York this morning.
- Facebook is shutting down its in-house virtual reality studio for Oculus Rift.
- A fool and his money… How "Trumpcare" has been good for Democratic groups and causes.
- More than mere internal politics, Jim DeMint's ouster from the Heritage Foundation speak volumes about "the conservative movement's identity crisis" writes Daniel McCarthy at The Week.
- While "sipping cocktails and eating crab cakes and salmon hors d'oeuvres" yesterday, guests of the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty panned Trump's Thursday order on religious freedom.
- It's been a bad local-election week in Britain for UKIP, which doesn't bode well for the party ahead of the general election in June.
- Another Maryland police officer has been arrested for allegedly soliciting prostitution and harassing women he was supposed to be helping.
“The federal government forgot the Tenth Amendment and the structure of the Constitution itself.”
Markets are trying to meet spiking demand for face masks, but importers are stymied by the FDA and CDC
"You cannot just decide you want to sell groceries," said Barbara Ferrer, the director of L.A. County Public Health.
So far, it's been silence from The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN, and others.
The Vice Cops Who Arrested Stormy Daniels Now Face Federal Charges for Fraud and Conspiring to Violate People's Civil Rights
Two former Columbus, Ohio, police officers are accused of harassing strip club owners, patrons, and staff without legal justification.