The two parties reached a "compromise" budget deal which essentially means more money will be spent on everything! Yay! (That was sarcasm.) There is no funding for the border wall, though. Yay! (That was not sarcasm.)
- In an interview, Trump seems to suggest that he doesn't grasp a whole lot about the Civil War and why it happened. He also seems to think nobody else knows either.
- A teen passenger in a vehicle was shot and killed by police in a suburb of Dallas over the weekend, and there are wildly divergent explanations of what happened.
- It's okay to root against both sides when May Day participants protest the Trump administration.
- The Trump administration is rolling back federal school lunch rules (some of which are based on bad science, like restrictions on salt content) pushed by the Obama administration.
- Sebastian Gorka may be out as a White House adviser, sources say.
- The federal government seems to be acknowledging that marijuana use helps reduce the tendency to turn to addictive opioids to fight pain.
- There's a leadership shake-up at Fox News.
Under fire for refusing to support Tara Reade, Milano says she never thought #MeToo would "destroy innocent men."
Not every apparent violation of a quarantine order is a risk to other people, and not all need to be (or can be) enforced equally.
The state has shut down all liquor stores, leading customers to crowd into retailers across the border.
Mass Antibody Testing in This Rural Colorado County Sheds Light on COVID-19's Prevalence and Lethality
The number of Americans who have been infected by the virus, which seems to be much higher than the official tally suggests, is crucial to understanding how deadly it is.