- "There are few good reasons to welcome North Korea" to "the nuclear club," writes Charlie Campbell at Time. "But there are absolutely no good reasons to start another Korean War."
- "There is a chance that we could end up having a major, major conflict with North Korea," Donald Trump told Reuters.
- The presidency "is more work than in my previous life," said Trump in the same interview. "I thought it would be easier."
- "Having a President Trump in the White House hasn't been very good for" gun sales, reports The Daily Beast. "Unlike the boom years under President Barack Obama, when gun sales spiked and reached an all-time high in 2016, gun sales have dropped since Trump was elected."
- Could White House Correspondents Dinner weekend in D.C. get any more self-congratulatory and insufferable? Yes! "All signs point to a less lavish, more sober affair Saturday night, with fewer over-the-top parties, less buzz and more recognition of the First Amendment and journalism's watchdog role in American democracy," according to U.S. News.
- Moral panic of the week: "Stealthing."