Google is changing its algorithms to try and stop the spread of "fake news and hate speech."
- Sex workers are protesting the deceptively-named "No Immunity for Sex Traffickers Online Act," which would amend federal internet law so third-party publishers and platforms could be held liable for things users post on their sites.
- "Internet publishers are now adding workers at nearly twice the rate newspaper publishers are losing them. This isn't just a shift in medium. It's also a shift in sociopolitics, and a radical one."
- The Southern Poverty Law Center is sounding the alarm about a group of pro-Trump activists calling themselves the Fraternal Order of Alt Knights.
- A HuffPost South Africa column calling for the disenfranchisement of white men, published (unbeknownst to editors) by a hoaxer, is now being scrutinized by South Africa's media regulator as possible hate speech.
- Here's the White House response to U.S. District Judge William H. Orrick's Tuesday night ruling that temporarily froze Trump's executive order on sanctuary cities.