Google is changing its algorithms to try and stop the spread of "fake news and hate speech."
- Sex workers are protesting the deceptively-named "No Immunity for Sex Traffickers Online Act," which would amend federal internet law so third-party publishers and platforms could be held liable for things users post on their sites.
- "Internet publishers are now adding workers at nearly twice the rate newspaper publishers are losing them. This isn't just a shift in medium. It's also a shift in sociopolitics, and a radical one."
- The Southern Poverty Law Center is sounding the alarm about a group of pro-Trump activists calling themselves the Fraternal Order of Alt Knights.
- A HuffPost South Africa column calling for the disenfranchisement of white men, published (unbeknownst to editors) by a hoaxer, is now being scrutinized by South Africa's media regulator as possible hate speech.
- Here's the White House response to U.S. District Judge William H. Orrick's Tuesday night ruling that temporarily froze Trump's executive order on sanctuary cities.
Massive Illinois Police Reform Bill Ends Cash Bail, Limits Deadly Force, Mandates Body Cameras, and Makes It Easier To Dump Crooked Cops
Unfortunately, qualified immunity remains intact.
The First Amendment doesn't come with an exception for "disinformation."
"No injuries were reported."
Biden's $1.9 Trillion COVID Relief Package Includes More Stimulus Checks, State Government Bailout, $15 Federal Minimum Wage
On the brighter side, Biden wants 100 million vaccinations in 100 days and will push for immediate school reopenings.
"This book will not be on our store shelves, and we will not promote it. That said, it will remain in our online catalogue."