Donald Trump's Tuesday evening address to the joint session of Congress is being described as "presidential," but it was also full of delusions and bad ideas (so, OK, presidential, I guess). Read the full transcript here; and Reason staff reactions here, here, here, and here.
- Trump has been giving mixed signals on immigration this week.
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo introduced legislation to raise the age of consent for marriage from 14 to 18 years old.
- The FDA has approved potatoes modified to withstand the Great Potato Famine.
- A billboard stating "Real men provide, real women appreciate it" is causing predictable controversy in North Carolina.
- The New Republic defends "celebrity feminism."
Senate Republicans' $1 Trillion COVID-19 Relief Bill Includes Billions for New Fighter Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Missiles
Much of the military spending in the GOP's HEALS Act replaces funding that was redirected to pay for Trump's border wall.
"Environmental humanism will eventually triumph over apocalyptic environmentalism."
In two-thirds of those cases, there were no accompanying arrests.
Ricky Dale Harrington, Jr., is running to keep Tom Cotton out of the White House.