Georgia Republican Rep. Tom Price was confirmed Friday morning as Secretary of Health and Human Services. He's been one of Obamacare's biggest opponents in Congress.
- A unanimous three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit denied the Trump administration's request to lift a temporary restraining order on enforcing Trump's "Muslim ban."
- Although he (and Vice President Pence) previously denied it, national security adviser Michael Flynn discussed U.S. sanctions against Russia with a Russian ambassador in the month before Trump's inauguration, according to U.S. intelligence officials.
- The group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington filed a complaint with the Office of Government Ethics and White House Counsel's Office against Trump counselor Kellyanne Conway over her comments on Fox and Friends encouraging people to buy clothing from Ivanka Trump's line.
- The "Milo bill" was "designed to implement oversight of [college] administrators' handling of free speech issues," said Tennessee legislator Rep. Martin Daniel (R-Knoxville).
- In Locked In, Fordham University law professor John Pfaff challenges common wisdom about criminal justice reform, including the idea that private prisons are more of a problem than prison guard unions and politicians who see prisons as good for their local economies.
- An Orlando police officer arrested a driver she pulled over when she "spotted flakes of [donut] glaze on his floorboard and thought they were pieces of crystal methamphetamine."
- Trump discovers that being president is hard.
Paul Krugman Thinks Holding Religious Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic Is Like 'Dumping Neurotoxins Into Public Reservoirs'
The New York Times columnist misconstrues the issues at stake in the challenge to New York's restrictions on houses of worship.
Denver Mayor Michael Hancock Urged People Not To Travel for Thanksgiving Shortly Before Boarding His Flight
The mayor is traveling to Mississippi to spend the holiday with his wife and daughter.
Requiring meatpackers to pandemic-proof their facilities will have unintended consequences.
A Trump Judicial Appointee's Blistering Opinion Is a Reality Check for Republicans Who Still Think Biden Stole the Election
"The Campaign cannot win this lawsuit," the 3rd Circuit says. "The Campaign's claims have no merit."