President Trump gave his first television interview from the White House, telling ABC News' David Muir he "absolutely" thought waterboarding worked and doubling down on his claim of massive voter fraud. Reactions in Chicago to Trump's tweet about sending the federal government in to deal with the homicide rate range from skeptical to optimistic, with politicians looking for more money and residents talking about jobs.
- In an uncertain world, China provides "an anchor of stability and growth," its premier, Li Keqiang wrote in Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Al-Shabaab fighters stormed a hotel in Mogadishu, killing at least 28.
- Elon Musk wants to tunnel under Los Angeles.
- Academy Award-nominated Moonlight director Barry Jenkins says black people don't have to play slaves to win Oscars.
- Number 13 seed Venus Williams made it to the Australian Open finals.
- Season three of Rick and Morty is running late.
Brett Kavanaugh Faces a New Accusation in The New York Times, but the Alleged Victim Didn't Confirm It
Plus: Andrew Yang opts out of cancel culture, Andrew Cuomo wants to crack down on flavored e-cigarettes, and more...
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
Comedy, meet cancel culture
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks