Donald Trump met with Silicon Valley leaders today, telling them he wants to help them "do well." Elon Musk and the CEO of Uber will be among those advising Trump as part of his Strategic and Policy Forum. Twitter is unlikely to get a Trump bump, despite the president-elect's prolific use of the service.
- The Federal Reserve is raising interest rates for just the second time in a decade, and expects to raise them three times next year.
- Labor Secretary Tom Perez will run for Democratic National Committee chair.
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte says he's personally killed suspected criminals.
- The United Nations drops Wonder Woman as an ambassador.
- Actor Alan Thicke dies, aged 69.
That rate is much lower than the numbers used in the horrifying projections that shaped the government response to the epidemic.
Plus: the weird new battle lines on warrantless surveillance, more CDC incompetence, Minneapolis on fire, and more…
Police departments exist to protect people's persons and property. The Minneapolis Police Department has failed to do either.
Indiana is still fighting to keep Tyson Timbs' SUV seven years after it first seized the car, but for now, it's back in Timbs' driveway.
Jo Jorgensen is running for the White House.