President-Elect Donald Trump dismissed anonymous reports that the CIA had determined Russia tried to influence the 2016 presidential election, while some members of Congress are pushing for investigations into Russia's alleged actions. Trump is leaning toward Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. Trump attended the Army-Navy football game, where Army defeated Navy for the first time in 14 years. Michael Moore plans to protest at Trump's inauguration. Boeing cut a deal worth $16.6 billion with Iran to sell planes, and is already trying to sell the deal to Trump. Bill de Blasio wants to be the anti-Trump.
- Kurdish militants took responsibility for a bombing in Istanbul that killed at least 38 people. A bombing at a Coptic cathedral in Cairo killed 25. Two young Nigerian girls committed a suicide bombing that killed at least 17 people in Maidugari. At least 16 people were killed in a bombing near the seaport in Mogadishu.
- The attempts to stop Brexit in court continue in the United Kingdom.
- The parliamentary election in Macedonia appears to have ended in a tie between the nationalists and the social democrats.
- Finance Minister Bill English will be New Zealand's next prime minister.
- Miss Universe candidates visited the Philippines, which will host the competition next year.
Fairfax County, Virginia, allows home businesses but prohibits them from keeping inventory on site.
Sex offender registries are cruel and unjust.
Adult performers are outraged at the proposed licensing requirements, and have vowed to fight the bill.