Donald Trump will nominate Gen. John Kelly, the third retired Marine general Trump has picked for a high-level position, to head the Department of Homeland Security. Trump will also nominate Oklahoma attorney general and Environmental Protetection Agency critic Scott Pruitt to the EPA. Iowa Governor Terry Branstad, meanwhile, a friend of China President Xi Jinping, will be nominated as U.S. ambassador to China.
- A judge in Philadelphia rejected a request by Jill Stein to inspect some of the city's voting machines.
- Two juveniles have been arrested in relation to the wildfires in Tennessee that killed 14 people.
- The Syrian army retook the old city in Aleppo, with rebels trying to plan an exit.
- A flight in Pakistan carrying 48 people crashed, leaving no survivors.
- A magnitude-6.5 earthquake in Indonesia has killed nearly 100 people.
- The days on Earth are getting longer.
Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos on schooling during COVID-19, the future of higher ed, and why her cabinet department probably shouldn't exist at all
"Who in their right mind could do that?"
When a coronavirus vaccine is ready, it will be distributed through normal civilian supply chains to your doctor's office and local pharmacy.
Joe Biden's Economic Policies Would Cost the Economy 4.9 Million Jobs by 2030, According to a New Study
The Democratic presidential candidate has promised not to raise taxes on middle-income earners. That's not the full story.
Trump’s lawyer was caught on camera in a hotel room...tucking in his shirt.