Donald Trump was named Time magazine's Person of the Year.
- Both houses of the Ohio legislature have approved a measure that would ban abortion after a fetal heartbeat can be detected, which occurs about three weeks post conception.
- Angela Merkel endorsed a prohibition on full-faced veils in Germany "wherever it is legally possible."
- "Even a cursory investigation or application of common sense would have shown my tweet to be a joke," writes Nick Baumann, a Huffington Post journalist being investigated by the FBI over a joke tweet.
- A new Bloomberg Politics poll finds 69 percent of Americans are fine with Trump's stated plan to turn his businesses over to his children while he serves as president.
- Scientists at the University of Vienna say that the frequency of Cesarean-section births is having an impact on human evolution by letting more women with narrow pelvises live.
- Julian Assange published statements he gave to Ecuadoran prosecutors regarding rape allegations in Sweden.
- "Aside from not actually being a country," Liberland— the liberty-loving utopia project on the banks of the Danube—"is also beginning to seem not all that free," writes Morgan Childs in GQ.
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.
Comedy, meet cancel culture
Brett Kavanaugh Faces a New Accusation in The New York Times, but the Alleged Victim Didn't Confirm It
Plus: Andrew Yang opts out of cancel culture, Andrew Cuomo wants to crack down on flavored e-cigarettes, and more...
Plus: Attacks on Saudi Arabia unlikely to raise U.S. oil prices
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.