A meeting between managers from the Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton campaigns yesterday involved some substantive discussion but also a lot of shouting about whether Trump's campaign relied on appeals to racism. "Are you gonna look me in the face and say I ran a campaign that was a platform for white supremacists?" Trump campaign manager KellyAnne Conway asked. Yes, said Jennifer Palmieri, Hillary for America communications director. But Conway had the final word: "Hashtag-he's-your-president, how about that? We won."
- The White House said Thursday that it fully supports requiring women to register for the draft.
- The Department of Justice has declared that the Americans With Disabilities Act requires all movie theaters to "provide closed movie captioning and audio description when showing a digital movie" in order "to provide effective communication to patrons who are deaf or hard of hearing, or blind or have low vision."
- "I pray you find compassion for his life, as troubled as it clearly was." That's the sentiment, expressed by an Ohio State University professor about the student who carried out a knife attack on campus earlier this week, that has Ohio State students calling for her job.
- Congress is on track to spend $1.5 million investigating Planned Parenthood.
- The U.S. put at least 67,000 people in solitary confinement last year.
- France may ban "misleading" abortion websites.
- Proof that red wine is better than white wine.
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
Conservatives deploy state power to go after speech they don't like.
Many arms of government are unpopular with large swathes of the American population.
It took a jury 26 minutes to decide that Jonathan Vanderhagen wasn't guilty.
Navy Confirms Authenticity of UFO Videos Published by Blink-182 Frontman's Extraterrestrial Research Organization
The videos show a U.S. military jet's encounter with what appears to be a fast-moving, unidentified object.