The presidential election is five days away.
- New poll: Hillary Clinton 45 percent, Donald Trump 42 percent, Gary Johnson 5 percent, Jill Stein 4 percent.
- Another new poll: Hillary Clinton 47 percent, Donald Trump 45 percent, Gary Johnson 3 percent, Jill Stein 2 percent.
- The Chicago Cubs beat the Cleveland Indians last night to win the World Series.
- "A senior British court on Thursday dealt a severe blow to Prime Minister Theresa May's plans to begin the process of exiting the European Union early next year, ruling she must get Parliament's approval before she acts."
- Iraqi forces are now entering the city of Mosul.