- Two Des Moines, Iowa, police officers were fatally shot Wednesday in separate "ambush-style attacks," according to the Des Moines Police Department. The suspect is still at large.
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are nearly tied in the latest Washington Post-ABC News Poll, with Trump now seen as slightly more honest and trustworthy (but you know, don't blame Clinton's lying, blame penises!). In a four-way match-up with Gary Johnson and Jill Stein, Trump leads over Clinton by one point (46 percent to 45 percent), while a two-way contest between Clinton and Trump puts Clinton one point ahead (48 percent to 47 percent).
- An AP investigation found around 1,000 U.S. police officers who lost their badges over a six-year period for rape, sodomy, sexual assault, child pornography possession, and other forms of sexual misconduct.
- Did Rolling Stone act with malice in publishing the Jackie Coakley frat-rape story?
- An Illinois sheriff's office warned parents that people were passing out pot candy to trick-or-treating children. It turned out to be a plain-old chocolate bar from Japan.
- According to Fusion, only black people can wear necklaces with their names on them, because anti-racism.