The presidential election is one week from tomorrow.
- New poll: Hillary Clinton 42 percent, Donald Trump 39 percent, Gary Johnson 7 percent, Jill Stein 5 percent.
- "Federal investigators have obtained a warrant to begin searching a large cache of emails belonging to a top aide to Hillary Clinton, law enforcement officials said on Sunday, as prosecutors and F.B.I. agents scrambled under intense public pressure to assess their significance before Election Day."
- According to reports, Donald Trump initially offered the vice presidential slot to Chris Christie. But Trump cancelled the offer.
- Iraqi forces are preparing to enter Mosul.
- The Chicago Cubs beat the Cleveland Indians last night. Cleveland now leads the World Series 3-2.
- Happy Halloween: Here's a selection of Reason's best writing on zombies, vampires, ghosts, satanism, Cthulhu, and more.
Police violence is a metaphorical disease. Coronavirus is a literal disease.
Two models suggest that broad restrictions had less impact on the epidemic than commonly thought.
Plus: Protest updates, COVID-19 upates, a surge in gun sales, and more...
A major study in The Lancet said it doesn't—but it may have relied on fabricated data.