So will the merger of AT&T and Time Warner happen or not, and will the federal government intervene?
- Early voting has begun in several states. Those folks are going to be disappointed to discover they're still going to have to endure all the election commercials for the next couple of weeks.
- Venezuela's Congress has accused President Nicolas Maduro of staging a coup by blocking a recall effort. Polls suggest that as many as 80 percent of Venezuelans want Maduro out.
- The Onion's version of a Gary Johnson commentary: "Look, I Wish I Were Better at This Also."
- Adnan Syed, the man convicted of murder who was the subject of the first season of the podcast Serial, has filed a motion seeking bail while awaiting a new trial.
- Lawmakers are demanding answers from the Defense Department following the report (noted in the morning links) that the California National Guard is trying to force veterans to repay signing bonuses they were handed (but apparently were not entitled to).
Tulsi Gabbard Called Out Mainstream Media, Both Parties, Democratic Candidates for Supporting Disastrous Regime Change in the Middle East
"As president I will end these regime change wars."
The 7th Circuit said the guard is protected by qualified immunity.
The New York Times Wonders Aloud If Tulsi Gabbard's Anti-War, Anti-Establishment Message Makes Her a Stooge for Nazis and Russian Bots
The article ignores Gabbard's arguments for a less interventionist foreign policy, preferring to speculate about foreigners and fascists.
The mainstream media are channeling Dr. Zaius, the elitist orangutan from Planet of the Apes, who hid dark secrets out of misguided paternalism.
James called Trump a "bum," but he won't utter a single bad word about China's authoritarianism.