So will the merger of AT&T and Time Warner happen or not, and will the federal government intervene?
- Early voting has begun in several states. Those folks are going to be disappointed to discover they're still going to have to endure all the election commercials for the next couple of weeks.
- Venezuela's Congress has accused President Nicolas Maduro of staging a coup by blocking a recall effort. Polls suggest that as many as 80 percent of Venezuelans want Maduro out.
- The Onion's version of a Gary Johnson commentary: "Look, I Wish I Were Better at This Also."
- Adnan Syed, the man convicted of murder who was the subject of the first season of the podcast Serial, has filed a motion seeking bail while awaiting a new trial.
- Lawmakers are demanding answers from the Defense Department following the report (noted in the morning links) that the California National Guard is trying to force veterans to repay signing bonuses they were handed (but apparently were not entitled to).
Cops laugh about “probable cause on four legs” but the damage to innocent lives is real.
The FBI Seized Heirlooms, Coins, and Cash From Hundreds of Safe Deposit Boxes in Beverly Hills, Despite Knowing 'Some' Belonged to 'Honest Citizens'
Victims of the FBI's constitutionally dubious raid say they've been told to come forward and identify themselves if they want their stuff back.
Want to keep wearing a mask yourself? That's fine. Want to force fully vaccinated people to join you? The science doesn't support that.