Leaked speech transcripts purportedly show Hillary Clinton praising Russia President Vladimir Putin as recently as 2014. An ultra-nationalist ally of Putin warns that a vote for Clinton is a vote for "World War III" while a vote for Donald Trump is a vote for "world peace." On a C-SPAN town hall Gary Johnson named two law professors as his top picks for the Supreme Court.
- Voter registration has been extended in Florida in the wake of Hurricane Matthew.
- Rebels in Yemen launched another failed missile strike at a U.S. navy ship in the region.
- Members of government in the United Kingdom are pushing for a no-fly zone to be imposed over Syria.
- Chip Kelly has made Colin Kaepernick the starting quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers in Week 6.
- Following Elon Musk, President Obama says he wants the U.S. to send a man to Mars by the 2030s.