New poll: Hillary Clinton 42 percent, Donald Trump 37 percent, Gary Johnson 10 percent, Jill Stein 3 percent.
- Gary Johnson: "It is difficult, if not impossible, to identify an instance where our military interventions and regime changes in the past 15 years have improved the lives of anyone."
- Samsung is officially ending production of the Galaxy Note 7 phone.
- "Russian President Vladimir Putin has canceled a planned visit to France next week, a Kremlin source said Tuesday, in an apparent snub to French President Francois Hollande, who suggested Moscow was guilty of war crimes in Syria."
- Jeffrey Goldberg has been named the new editor in chief of The Atlantic.
- The Australian Parliament has rejected a bill aimed at legalizing same-sex marriage.