At least 269 people in Haiti, the Dominican Republic, and St. Vincent have been killed by Hurricane Matthew, which reached U.S. waters Friday morning.
- Gary Johnson is scheduled to talk about foreign policy at the University of Chicago today.
- Students of all races prefer black and Latino teachers to white ones, according to a new paper.
- You think your parents were embarrassing? A Massachusetts dad has been arrested for dressing up like a clown and tailing his son's school bus.
- Here's the complaint against Backpage.com CEO Carl Ferrer, who was arrested in Texas yesterday. Evidence he's complicit in "child sex trafficking" includes the fact that more people responded to an undercover officer's escort ad than to an ad selling an old sofa and the fact that a woman detained in a Justice Department sting on Backpage admitted to posting ads there.
- A judge has ordered Uber and Lyft to stop doing business in Philadelphia.
- "In much of the developing world… [Hitler] is perceived less as a mass murderer and ideologue of global conquest than as a stern disciplinarian who addressed social ills in a briskly efficient manner," according to Foreign Policy.
- Polish lawmakers voted down a proposed ban on abortion 352 to 58.
- The world's oldest cat is a millennial.