Facebook's new "Marketplace," allowing mobile app users to buy and sell goods, launched Monday and before long people were using it to try and exchange guns, sex, drugs, and baby hedgehogs.
- Hurricane Matthew is heading up the eastern coast and expected to hit Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina (also may be an omen of end times; see photo to right for further evidence).
- The main-party vice presidential candidates took to the CNN stage last night, with Republican Mike Pence making like Ronald Reagan as much as possible (including seeming to forget who his running mate actually was) and sending the GOP establishment into their own private It's a Wonderful Life fantasies. Meanwhile, Tim Kaine alternated between sneering, quoting the bible, and turning substantive discussions into referendums on Trump's incivility.
- The Oklahoma Supreme Court has struck down a multi-faceted state abortion law.
- The Free Speech Fairness Act would allow churches and religious nonprofits to make political statement without fear of losing tax exempt status.
- Public health groups are suing the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) over its delay on graphic cigarette-pack advertising.
- Americans are split on transgender individuals and bathroom usage.
- Football player Allen Artis' attorney says lawyer of woman accusing him of rape doctored the photos.
- Canada's College Communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick will begin teaching students how to grow marijuana.