New poll: Hillary Clinton 47 percent, Donald Trump 42 percent, Gary Johnson 7 percent, Jill Stein 2 percent.
- Democrat Tim Kaine and Republican Mike Pence will face off tonight in a vice presidential debate.
- Hurricane Matthew, a Category 4 storm, is bearing down on Haiti.
- Joe Biden: Donald Trump is "not a bad man," but "his ignorance is profound."
- The Nobel Prize in Physics has been awarded to David J. Thouless, F. Duncan M. Haldane, and J. Michael Kosterlitz.
- "Philippine leader Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday told U.S. President Barack Obama to 'go to hell' and said the United States had refused to sell some weapons to his country but he did not care because Russia and China were willing suppliers."
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.