New poll: Hillary Clinton 47 percent, Donald Trump 42 percent, Gary Johnson 7 percent, Jill Stein 2 percent.
- Democrat Tim Kaine and Republican Mike Pence will face off tonight in a vice presidential debate.
- Hurricane Matthew, a Category 4 storm, is bearing down on Haiti.
- Joe Biden: Donald Trump is "not a bad man," but "his ignorance is profound."
- The Nobel Prize in Physics has been awarded to David J. Thouless, F. Duncan M. Haldane, and J. Michael Kosterlitz.
- "Philippine leader Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday told U.S. President Barack Obama to 'go to hell' and said the United States had refused to sell some weapons to his country but he did not care because Russia and China were willing suppliers."
A class-action lawsuit is now challenging the DEA's habit of seizing large amounts of cash from travelers without evidence of any crime.
Isabel Fall is canceled. It's the science fiction world's loss.
The Institute for Justice asks the Supreme Court to clarify a doctrine that shields cops from responsibility for outrageous conduct.
The FBI Wants To Treat Carter Page Warrant Mistakes Like Training Problems. A Court Adviser Says That's Not Enough.
After seriously messing up its warrant applications with the FISA Court, can the FBI be trusted?