Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump faced off last night in the first of the three scheduled presidential debates.
- Presidential debate poll: 62 percent say Clinton won, 27 percent say Trump won.
- A suicide bombing in Baghdad has killed at least 17.
- Two bombs exploded outside a mosque and conference center in Dresden. German authorities say the crime was a "xenophobic" attack.
- A 25-year-old man from California has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for attempting to join ISIS.
- "A man who injured nine people in a shooting rampage in Houston on Monday was wearing military clothes and Nazi emblems during the attack, and was carrying nearly 2,600 rounds of ammunition inside a Porsche convertible parked at the scene, authorities said."
"Although California's guidelines place restrictions on places of worship," Roberts wrote, "those restrictions appear consistent with the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment."
Aggressive police tactics are likely to worsen the situation.
What happened to staying at home to keep grandparents safe no matter what?
The Supreme Court could announce as early as Monday that it's revisiting qualified immunity, a doctrine that shields rotten cops from civil rights lawsuits.
They're using their Second Amendment rights to protect local businesses from riots and looting.