Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump faced off last night in the first of the three scheduled presidential debates.
- Presidential debate poll: 62 percent say Clinton won, 27 percent say Trump won.
- A suicide bombing in Baghdad has killed at least 17.
- Two bombs exploded outside a mosque and conference center in Dresden. German authorities say the crime was a "xenophobic" attack.
- A 25-year-old man from California has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for attempting to join ISIS.
- "A man who injured nine people in a shooting rampage in Houston on Monday was wearing military clothes and Nazi emblems during the attack, and was carrying nearly 2,600 rounds of ammunition inside a Porsche convertible parked at the scene, authorities said."