The Clinton-Trump debate is very nearly here! Are you shivering in anticipation? Or fear? Or apathy?
- Violent crime rates are up but still remarkably low when put in context of the past few decades. Don't be surprised if those statistics are completely ignored tonight following a mass shooting at a Houston shopping center that injured nine people.
- The officer who shot Keith Scott in Charlotte was, in fact, wearing a body camera, but it wasn't turned on during the confrontation, in violation of department policy.
- More on the man allegedly responsible for shooting and killing five people at a mall in Seattle last week. (Spoiler: He had a troubled background.)
- Disney is reportedly considering a bid to buy Twitter. Well, they have become kind of a Mickey Mouse outfit.
- Walmart has apologized for employees at a Georgia store refusing to make a cake for a retiring police officer because they felt the symbolism of the "thin blue line" was racist.
- Students at University of Vermont hoisted a Black Lives Matter flag on campus and predictable things happened.
Police violence is a metaphorical disease. Coronavirus is a literal disease.
Two Buffalo police officers have been suspended and the man is in the hospital.
Elite media institutions are noisily abandoning liberalism.
Plus: Protest updates, COVID-19 upates, a surge in gun sales, and more...