How Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are preparing for Monday's presidential debate.
- One person was shot last night during protests in Charlotte, North Carolina. The protests were sparked by the fatal police shooting on Tuesday of Keith Lamont Scott. Gov. Paty McCrory has declared a state of emergency.
- Joseph Percoco and Todd R. Howe, close former aids to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, will face federal corruption charges.
- The 2016 MacArthur Foundation "genius grants" have been awarded.
- "The U.S. is investigating an Islamic State militant group (ISIS) rocket fired at American troops near a military base in northern Iraq that may have carried a chemical agent."
- Podcasts from Reason are now available on iTunes and Soundcloud.
"Although California's guidelines place restrictions on places of worship," Roberts wrote, "those restrictions appear consistent with the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment."
Aggressive police tactics are likely to worsen the situation.
What happened to staying at home to keep grandparents safe no matter what?
The Supreme Court could announce as early as Monday that it's revisiting qualified immunity, a doctrine that shields rotten cops from civil rights lawsuits.
They're using their Second Amendment rights to protect local businesses from riots and looting.